Apache 200 just serviced and now ready for more action.
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodagu_district
- Official Site: http://www.coorg.com
How did the plan come up?
We started the trip from Bangalore on 24th March 2017, Friday night. As we planned, we started off from our place ( BTM Layout Stage 1 ) by 11:30 pm.
We took the following route to Coorg:
It was a good 227kms road journey. We had 2 bikes,
Royal Enfield Himalayan – Rented from WickedRides, Jayanagar, Bangalore
Pulsar 180 – Owned by Shivam
On the way:
- We stopped for Tea twice.
- It was not tiring journey as the climate was cool.
- We lost each other somewhere near Bilikere [ Took us 1 hr to sync up again. 😀 ]
- There was a lot of fog on the way near the river crossing at Hunsur. It was a stretch of 20KMS and visibility was hardly 2meters. We followed only strips on road to continue through.
We finally approached the Coorg and the entry through the forest area was awesome.
We could hardly see anything but decided to wait out in the roads to let time pass. This is in midst of forest way to Coorg. [ Picture above ]
And finally after some light has started to spread, the view and atmosphere was blissful
and we took an alternate route ahead through woods (Picture below) , I would not suggest this if you’re going alone. If you get forest officials on the way, you may invite trouble for yourself! But we went anyways…
Continuing ahead and with more morning light spreading, this started to get more pleasant:
And this is the point we hit Coorg finally.