- A short trip to Shivasamundram to check out the falls in the rainy season!!
- 3 bikes 3 friends.
- Waterfalls had a really good amount of water and time well spent at the falls.
- Monkeys are a real struggle to deal with! 😀
- 319 km round trip.
- Independence day ride to Hogenakkal Falls
- 2 friends, 2 bikes.
- Apache 200 and Honda Shine.
- The ride is an awesome wonderful experience through the Hogenakkal forest and then the town and falls.
- The falls and the nearby town was over-flooded so we could not see the falls.
- Spent some time in the forest area near the Hogenakkal town.
- 292 km round trip.
- 3 friends, 3 bikes!
- Apache 200, Suzuki Zixxer and Bajaj v15.
- Rain crazy and all the way!
- Falls with full water and amazing views!
- Trek to falls is a good amount of steps and wonderful cardio!
- 891.3 km round trip!
A wonderful dweep-like (island) protected delta on the Kabini River. Kuruvadweep is the only island sorrounded with naturally purified water source in Kerala.
This dense and evergreen forest is uninhabited and hence a home to rare kinds of flora and fauna: uncommon species of birds, orchids and herbs namely. Its unique geographical characteristics make it a place where not only the leaves but also silence is evergreen being away from cities and thus it has become a place of attraction.
Here are the pics
Soojipara Waterfalls, one of the best waterfalls ever been to. At Soojipara WF it was: Full on masti – Very Cold water, Trekking, Viewpoint and Sightseeing. Also, there was too much of fog immediately after 4:30 PM. It’s a wonderful place, the cold water bath after a good trekking will give you complete exercise to drive away all the cold.
Here are the pics
Things to do at BanasuraSagar Dam:
- Sight seeing
- Jet ski
- Fish spa
- Place for budding photographers
This is a wonderful place to spend a day out once you’re in Wayanad. If you’re on a trip to Wayanad you can spend a half day or a complete day here.
Also a few meters ahead of the Dam is a Waterfall – Banasura Sagar, Meenmutty Falls. [ Do not confuse this with Meenmutty Falls ]
A few glimpse of the waterfalls:
Water is wonderful and you can play in water here. The falls + the Banasura Sagar Dam closes at 6:30PM Evening. Just after the waterfalls and little trekking, you’ll be able to get to a viewpoint.
Shivasamundaram Falls were mostly a disappointment for us here. We took it on our way for our trip: Bangalore – Mysore – Wayanad.
There was almost negligible water in the falls. The place is also not much well maintained.
NOTE: If you want to play in water, this is not the place.
Some snaps of the Gaganchikki Barachukki Points at Shivasamundaram.
Friends this place is closed for trekking so please beware!! Yea it was fun to trek and reach falls but at this part of year, there was no water so NO FALLS 😀 Place is closed so it’s deserted now. The trek length is about 1.2 KM.
Also, there are forest authorities who may not at all allow you to go here. So.. Skip it!
Here’s a glimpse of the place